Monday, November 16, 2009

Welcome to this blog :)

Hi, and welcome to my seasonal blog. :)

I've joined Jessica Sprague's class Holidays in Hand, expecting lots of fun. The holidays are called Jul here, we celebrate mid winter & the winter solstice - but the togetherness, warmth and sharing is the same as all over the world. I'll be celebrating jul with my parents, sister & niece in Solund this year, a couple of hours from here by car. My two kids and their father will go abroad for the holidays, to the warmer southern Europe.

Fav thing about december holidays: Candles in every window.

Fav food for jul is the western Norway traditional: Dried mutton ribs served with puréed swede, sauerkraut and potatoes, beer and akvavit. Yummy!

1 comment:

Luna Art said...

look forward to reading your blog, i have also joined the JS class and i too celebrate mid winter!